🗣 Don't forget... LA Class XXXIII Nominations are Open 🗳
January 30, 2023
Don’t forget to “drop your nomination” for Class XXXIII!
Click here for nominations criteria and qualifications.
Click here for the Class XXXIII Nomination Form.
Nominations submitted as of Monday, January 30, 2023 –
- Baldwin County – 1
- Birmingham – 8
- Decatur – 1
- Huntsville – 2
- Mobile – 1
- Montgomery – 4
- Shoals – 1
- West Alabama – 1
- Wiregrass – 1
Note the following:
- You may nominate more than one person.
- You may nominate anyone in the state, not just someone from your geographic area or region.
- For candidates not selected for Class XXXIII, Leadership Alabama notifies you, the LA member, NOT the nominee. People are often nominated without their knowledge, thus the reason we only communicate with the nominator.
- Nominations close on Friday, February 24.
Class XXXIII Retreat Dates (2023 – 2024)
All retreats begin Thursday and conclude on Saturday at noon.
- October 12 – 14, 2023
- January 11 – 13, 2024
- March 7 – 9, 2024
- May 9 – 11, 2024
Click here for more information about the Leadership Alabama class program year.
Leadership Alabama is open to all who meet the qualifications adopted by the Board of Directors, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or national origin. Participants are selected largely on the basis of demonstrated leadership ability.
The Nomination Process:
- A nomination form must be received by Friday, February 24, 2023 for a person to be considered for LA Class XXXIII.
- Nominations will be considered by the Regional Councils throughout the state, who prioritize the nominations of those in their geographic areas.
- The Executive Committee will review the prioritized lists from the Regional Councils and then submit the list of nominees to the Board of Directors for approval.
- All nominations are given thorough consideration, but not all will be selected to participate in the class. The Leadership Alabama Board of Directors will approve the final class roster. Consideration will be given to building a class that represents Alabama’s diversity, both professionally and geographically, as well as in the areas of age, gender and ethnicity.
- Leadership Alabama will email those selected for membership and copy the nominator.
Don’t forget to renew your LA Membership!
THANK YOU to our 543 members who have paid their annual dues this year and to the many who made a contribution with their membership dues!
Leadership Alabama’s fiscal year runs July 1 – June 30, so you still have time to renew this year!