📆 10 more days to NOMINATE!
February 15, 2023
10 more days to NOMINATE for Leadership Alabama Class XXXIII!
Nomination Criteria and Qualifications
Thinking about a candidate for Leadership Alabama? Click the link above to review the nomination criteria and qualifications.
Click for LA Class XXXIII Nomination Form
Click to pay membership dues!
There’s still time to renew your membership dues for the 2022-2023 year!
Thanks to our 565 members who have paid their annual dues and to the many who made a contribution with their membership dues!
UPDATE: Nominations submitted as of Wednesday, February 15, 2023 –
- Baldwin County – 2
- Birmingham – 16
- Decatur – 3
- East Alabama – 3
- Huntsville – 11
- Mobile – 9
- Montgomery – 13
- Shoals – 3
- West Alabama – 5
- Wiregrass – 5
Note the following:
- You may nominate more than one person.
- You may nominate anyone in the state, not just someone from your geographic area or region.
- For candidates not selected for Class XXXIII, Leadership Alabama notifies you, the LA member, NOT the nominee. People are often nominated without their knowledge, thus the reason we only communicate with the nominator.
- Nominations close on Friday, February 24.
Program Dates – Class XXXIII – 2023-2024
- October 12 – 14, 2023
- January 11 – 13, 2024
- March 7 – 9, 2024
- May 9 – 11, 2024
Click here for more information about the Leadership Alabama class program year.
Leadership Alabama is open to all who meet the qualifications adopted by the Board of Directors, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or national origin. Participants are selected largely on the basis of demonstrated leadership ability.
The Nomination Process:
- A nomination form must be received by Friday, February 24, 2023 for a person to be considered for LA Class XXXIII.
- Nominations will be considered by the Regional Councils throughout the state, who prioritize the nominations of those in their geographic areas.
- The Executive Committee will review the prioritized lists from the Regional Councils and then submit the list of nominees to the Board of Directors for approval.
- All nominations are given thorough consideration, but not all will be selected to participate in the class. The Leadership Alabama Board of Directors will approve the final class roster. Consideration will be given to building a class that represents Alabama’s diversity, both professionally and geographically, as well as in the areas of age, gender and ethnicity.
- Leadership Alabama will email those selected for membership and copy the nominator.