Leadership Alabama is open to all who meet the qualifications adopted by the Board of Directors, regardless of age, sex, race, religion or national origin. Participants are selected largely on the basis of demonstrated leadership ability.
- A nomination form must be received by Monday, February 1, 2021 for a person to be considered for LA Class XXXI.
- Nominations will be considered by the Regional Councils throughout the state, who prioritize the nominations of those in their geographic areas.
- The Executive Committee will review the prioritized lists from the Regional Councils, then submit the list of nominees to the Board of Directors for approval.
- All nominations are given thorough consideration, but not all will be selected to participate in the class. The Leadership Alabama Board of Directors will approve the final class roster. Consideration will be given to building a class that represents Alabama’s diversity, both professionally and geographically, as well as in the areas of age, gender and ethnicity.
- Leadership Alabama will contact those selected for membership.